SEO is one of the most vital aspects of running a successful business. If you’re not ranking on Google, you’re missing out on potential patients. It’s often best for dental offices to use a digital marketing company specializing in SEO for dentists to avoid making critical mistakes.
Using a Free Website Builder
A free website builder can help you build an online presence, but it’s not always the best option. Many limitations come with using a free website builder, such as:
- Not being able to customize your site
- Not having access to all the features that paid sites have
- Less support from the company
- Security concerns
Not Verifying Your Google My Business Listing
Google My Business is an integral part of your dentist’s SEO strategy. There are several reasons you should verify your business listing on Google My Business, including:
- Increased trust and credibility with search engines.
- More positive reviews from patients.
- Access to valuable insights into how people interact with you online.
Not Optimizing Meta Tags
The meta description tag is the snippet of text that appears when your site is listed in search results. It’s essential for two reasons:
- Search engines use the information to determine what users are likely to find on your website when they click on a link.
- A good meta description can increase click-through rates by up to 80%.
Ranking for Irrelevant Keywords
One of the biggest mistakes you can make with SEO for dentists is trying to rank for irrelevant keywords. Many people think keyword research is the only thing that matters.
However, relevance and volume are equally vital to ranking well on Google. Using irrelevant keywords will not help your website rank higher in search engines or drive traffic from those searches. If you use unrelated keywords, you could hurt your rankings because they’re not searched enough by authentic users searching online.
Contact AMP Dental SEO to learn more about how our team can help with SEO for dentists.